Saturday, July 31, 2004

Saturn in my Saturday

Saturn:- Ill health, much expenditure, trouble from public, complaints, bad luck, false accusations, litigations, loss of money find property, open enemies. Source: http://www.mypurohith.com/Astrology/Astrology12.asp

Today started with some SMSes from my sister. My parents were on the way to Heathrow airport when their passports were stolen. My sister informed me they were making a police report and she asked me to get the Malaysian embassy address & phone number in London. I called her to find out what happened... apparently my father didn't want to keep the passports in the briefcase in case it got stolen, so he put it in his coat pocket instead. And they had noticed a couple of Indians near them and during the train ride had actually bumped into them which they thought nothing of for it was rush hour, and the Indians got off the train before my parents did. But then they found the passports missing and they had even gone all the way back to my sister's residence to see if they had left them behind but even my sister said that she had seen for herself that my father had put the passports in his coat.

Of all the places to keep them - in a coat pocket! In London - where the pickpockets are professionals!

So naturally my parents' return had to be delayed, as they had to miss their flight home. It was night time when this happened, so my parents can only go to the embassy tomorrow morning but I'm afraid that they may not be open as it is weekend. Now they have to make some temporary travel documents and can only come back on Monday or Tuesday.

How wretched!!!! I'm really worried about them, but the important thing is that they didn't get hurt or anything like that.

To add to my misery... I had to work this morning, on a Saturday when I'm supposed to be resting, and recovering from my very taxing and stressful week. I was slapped with a parking fine as I had overshot the time on my ticket. I went to do a demonstration at a potential customer's office and they kept me so long and when I went back to my car there was a RM30 fine... :'( Sigh. Now I have to go appeal on Monday.

Wretched!

And then I had to read the front page of today's papers....



The fine that was slapped on my car


Horrifying front-page news!