Tuesday, July 27, 2004

My new office :þ

I don't like my new office.
 
No, I don't mean I don't like the company. I don't mean I don't like the people. I don't mean I don't like the work.
 
Ok, maybe it's not quite accurate to say I don't like my new office. In fact, the office is quite nice. It's quite small, but it's done up in a simple manner. There are four desks placed touching each other in the middle of the room where the staff sit facing opposite each other. The windows are covered with light blue curtains to give a very cool atmosphere (as opposed to my boss' room which is covered with beige curtains). I sit in the direct path of the air-cond which blows coldly at us. There is no Internet access, but I connect via dial-up from time to time to retrieve and send emails. Simple, but good enough.
 
What I don't like is the washroom!!!
 
The office resides in an office block opposite Plaza Pudu, and all the offices on the same floor (not very many, maybe 4-5) share the public washrooms which are locked and only the said offices hold the keys. The washrooms won't win any awards, but they're clean enough.
 
The problem is, THERE IS NO HOSE!!!
 
I won't go into details. But let me just say that I have to be very careful with what I eat here. All the pity, because there are plenty of good food around here. And with a stomach like mine which digests food within the hour, I can't afford to take any chances. Ugh... well, I guess it would be pretty much like in UK. They don't have hoses there too. They clog up the toilets with plenty of toilet paper.
 
I don't know how the people here can stand it!