Thursday, July 08, 2004

What a day!

Today was not one of my best days... started off fine with my going to the office. Afternoon was damn hectic though. I had to visit SEVEN different offices in KL to pass them some brochures as our resellers needed them to be included in a tender which ends tomorrow. I wore these new pair of shoes that were killing me. They seemed comfortable when I bought them but surprisingly they weren't made for walking! They're open-toed but I think the size was slightly too big and they kept cutting my little toes and I nearly twisted my ankles a few times. However I couldn't get a smaller size as they wouldn't fit. Sigh.... I spent a good deal of my time walking the first 2 hours to 3 different offices, which although were in the same vicinity, were not near one another, and there was really no point for me to drive and park again as parking fees cost a bomb in KL.

And then there was heavy rain and I got sloshed... of course I was smart enough to carry a small umbrella with me as preparation, but with those killer shoes and wrong addresses given by my colleague and offices hidden in 'secret' locations.... plus, I had to carry the office laptop around with me all the time as I daren't leave it in the car (although thankfully there was a backpack I could use instead of the normal sling bag).

And I was having stomach cramps which made me double up over the steering wheel the whole day....

The night went better, thankfully, with a nice dinner with my aunt and brother, and dance practice with my team. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

I won't have a laptop to use from tomorrow until Monday :'( My colleague as to borrow it for training on Saturday and she's taking it tomorrow as I'll only be seeing her then and won't see her on Friday.... so no broadband for me! All I have is Webbit and none of the other computers at home have a network card, except my bro's but that's already connected to Streamyx. Sigh.... I guess there will be other ways to fill up my time.